25 February 2009

Promises

The crowd shrouded in black and grief
Walk across the muted grass.
Leaving in silence
Refusing to look back.
And I stand alone
Under the shy sun and sleeping clouds.
Above the dirt above the dead,
Above you.

The crowd shrouded in black and grief
Part ways to return to their lives.
The tombstone reads In Loving Memory
Here Lies Son, Friend, lover.
All I see is Liar, Liar, Liar.
The ground opened her dark mouth and
Swallowed you whole. Bones, flesh, finest suit, finest flower.
Untimely death
Rest in Peace.
Son. Friend. Lover.
Liar. Liar. Liar.
Under the same blue sky you took my hand
Took my heart, took my soul, and gave me yours
You promised forever.
Instead of your charcoal grey eyes
Cold cherry wood coffin stare back from its
Final resting place.
Liar.
You promised me forever. And ever. And ever.